Monday, February 25, 2013

Good/poor choices this weekend

Just a quick update on step 11... seeking, receiving, and following personal revelation. I've done pretty good at this, but still have LOTS of work to do, which is good. Because if I didn't have lots of work to do, it would be easier to get complacent.

So let's start off with positive notes, how have I done well with step 11?

  • I'm seeking revelation more often than before.
  • I'm having more opportunities to serve in the church. Took sacrament to a few people yesterday after church, sang a musical # in ward/stake meetings, went home teaching, rehearsed some piano songs for another stake meeting, having a young men activity at my house this Wednesday, etc.) 
  • I'm getting better at receiving revelation - when I have 'ideas,' I am learning to take them as guidance from God more often.
Here's some things that could've gone better this last few days:
  • I still have lazy personal studies some days. Seeking personal revelation is hard, and it's much easier to just watch a video on lds.org or read something and not think much about it. I am still working on seeking revelation diligently daily... one day at a time. 
  • Driving - I always use my driving attitude as a gauge for how well I'm doing that day. On Saturday, it was bad. I saw someone tailgaiting another car really closely and got upset and had the thought to get in front of them just to mess with them, and I made the decision to do that. It was a poor decision, and I knew it. I regret it and drive better yesterday. And I will try and do better today and tomorrow.
  • Another experience happened at the doctor's office. The said I needed to give a copay, but then never actually charged me for it. When I was paying my bill, I thought about asking about the copay, and knew I should, but justified not asking, thinking - well maybe they're just catching me a break because they know I'm a student! And I didn't ask about it. An hour later I knew I had made the wrong choice. I was hiding something and being 'sneaky,' something I'm really trying to eradicate from my person. I called to see if they had made a mistake and it turns out the copay was included in my bill! All that worrrying about something that wasn't even an issue. I think about if I hadn't called... I would've had that on my conscience unnecessarily.
That's it. I look forward to becoming better at this and being more and more in tune with God's voice - for that is my saving voice that will keep me from danger and away from the constant tempest around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment