Monday, February 3, 2014

Planning sessions

So my wife had a brilliant idea during church yesterday, namely she set a goal that she and I would have a planning session that day after church and the following week, so we could plan out our week, be on the same page as far as plans, and set some goals. Simple enough, but it was great!

We haven't done this much since we've been married, and it was just nice to go through and talk about our plans together for the week. We talked first about church responsibilities, then about work responsibilities, and then about personal things. We set up a time to go to the temple, a time to set up home/visiting teaching, when we would do our personal studies, and set some good goals. My goal is to do personal study before work each day instead of at the end of the day this week. Simple enough. I'm also continuing to run a mile a day, which is going great.

We also took the time to talk about how I was doing in recovery... I think it was during this meeting, or it might have been a day or two before... either way, I think it would be good to occasionally talk about that as well, even if things are all fine, just to keep the lines of communication open.

I hope we can continue to have these weekly meetings. I feel like we're a team when we do. I think it's especially important in our situation - anything that helps us communicate and puts us on the same page is definitely a plus. And it gives me an opportunity to be accountable. I wish I did this more, and I'll try to, but I wish I told my wife more when I was doing well. Sometimes I don't tell her when I'm doing well because I just don't want her to think about it at all... which sometimes is good... but now I think she needs to hear I'm doing well every so often so she doesn't have to wonder. Good news is probably very refreshing to her ears.

Anyway, I'm glad my wife encouraged us to do the planning together, I think it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment