Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Daaaay fiiive and aaalllls wayeeelllll

The title would make more sense if you've seen the old Disney Robin Hood movie... but even that might not be enough - you'd probably have to have come from a house obsessed with Disney movies as mine was. I swear sometimes we'd go for days without saying anything from our own minds, just quoting Disney... or at least I'm sure we could have. Maybe this guy ring's a bell? Nutsy - what a brilliant character.


Anyway, just wanted to do a quick update. I'm on day 5 of being a lone wolf down here - my wife is up with her family while I study for the medical boards. Only 19 more to go.

So far temptations have not been that difficult - hardly at all. I have a feeling they will get harder. Satan is probably just waiting for me to let my guard down... which I guess is always the case. If I never let my guard down then attacking me doesn't do much good at all, right? I suppose that's the ongoing battle.

It's kind of been the perfect storm, or what would have been the perfect storm in the past: by myself all day with my computer, alone (most of the time) in my house under a lot of stress. And to top it off I'm in pain from a recent procedure I had done and just had a nasty 24 hour bug that kept me from getting much sleep.

But even in the midst of all this stuff, temptations haven't been a big issue. I am so grateful for that. I am also grateful for the knowledge that I know I can be ok for the next 19 days as long as I don't make any poor decisions to let my guard down. I know God can and will support my efforts as I continue to stay on the road He helped me find. For me there's no such thing as a relapse 'out of nowhere,' anymore. There would need to be a looong list of poor decisions and justifications that I will recognize early as long as I do what I should be doing.

Anyway, that's really about it. I'll throw in a few more updates over the next few weeks I'm sure. It helps me evaluate where I'm at when I sit and type about it.

And you thought I was gonna have some sweet recovery analogy having to do with Nutsy. I wish. Maybe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment