Friday, September 13, 2013

Life is good

I don't even know what to write today, but I just kind of want to get on and write... like a journal type entry. So here we go.

My life is gooood. It really is. I'm married to a really wonderful woman. She's smart, beautiful, strong, capable, honest, funny, hard-working, finance savvy, and is really cute with cats. I live in a pretty nice little house that wifey has decorated really nicely so it has become our home. I live in a nice neighborhood with nice neighbors and only a couple annoying dogs. I've made some great friends down here at my school. I have a couple of sport gatherings that I can go to each week, which I really love. I'm pretty healthy. I'm enjoying my church calling. I have a car that has worked without problems for a few years (great, now I jinxed it). Wifey has a great job where she helps a lot of kids and where she is really shining. I was able to be successful in school and on my big tests and now am having a great time in rotations. I've had some great docs that I've worked with that have cared about me and my education. We've got a nice SA workshop we're going to weekly. And though it's been a truly difficult road, maintaining sobriety is getting less and less difficult. 

Anyway, I have a lot of great things in my life. When I sit and count my blessings, it's not difficult to see that I have many. A skill that I'm trying to work on is to not over-complicate things and focus on the little things that aren't perfect in my life. I feel like I'm standing in this really beautiful area with trees, waterfalls, animals, etc around me but keep putting little things in front of my eyes that block my vision of all the many wonderful things around me. (I stink at analogies, I know.) Satan would have me do that, and would have me be miserable - and he has done a pretty good job of it. Sometimes I still get sad and scared. I wish I didn't, but I do. But I'm learning more about my enemy and how he works - I'm getting on to his lies! I'm learning what's reality and what's ridiculous. I'm learning what's life and what's lies. I'm learning what's normal and what's nonsense. I still have a lot to learn and a lot of things that need changing, but it's happening and I feel like it will continue to happen as I keep at it. 

When it comes down to it, life is really pretty simple, and I have a great one. I'm a really lucky guy. 

3 comments:

  1. I know it's an overused statement in the blog world, but... I LOVE THIS! It's wonderful to read this, like incredibly uplifting to read this. I need to force myself to write down each week the WONDERFUL things around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such an uplifting post! I think we come closer to our Heavenly Father when we take time to thank Him for the good things we have and not just focus on the bad or the wants. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nate you are an inspiration to us all! seriously! you give me hope. I want all those things that you listed. And if you can do it...maybe i could as well. I think we have a lot of similarities. it seems that all of us sexual addicts do. I enjoy reading everything you share. Dang, it seems that recovery is going to take much longer than I expect. I think we all just want the nightmare to go away....but it does with alot of time and effort.

    ReplyDelete